Saturday, 17 September 2016

Sloane + Jeans

It's been all about comfy casuals around here of late and this is one of my favourite duos: The Sloane Sweatshirt by Named Patterns and Burdastyle 6798 boyfriend jeans.

This is the second Sloane I've made and what I learned from the first is that I like it a bit longer than drafted so I lengthened this version by 5cm.

My  Sloane is made from a super thick and snugly Marc Jacobs Merino knit from The Fabric Store. I've given up searching for elusive matching ribbing for my knit projects. My go to is the wrong side of the fabric and I reckon it looks pretty good!

I've also made these boyfriend jeans before which I absolutely love so I didn't change a thing on this pair. I chose a thick dark denim with no stretch from the fabric store.

These are comfortable and classic basics and while they're not at all fancy they still feel luxurious thanks to top quality fabric.



Do  you guys enjoy making and wearing basics?

DEETS:

Sweatshirt

Pattern: Sloane Sweatshirt by Named Patterns
Size: 34
Fabric: Merino knit from The Fabric Store
Mods: Lengthened by 5cm and hem band lengthened

Jeans

Pattern:
Burdastyle 6798
Size: 34 waist, halfway between 34/36 hips, 36 leg
Fabric: Denim from The Fabric Store

15 comments:

  1. I love sewing & wearing basics. My Liberty lindens would be the most worn items in my wardrobe. Both just went through the wash today & I can't decide which one to take on holidays with me (we head to Qld in the morning). Best make my decision & get packing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know whats taking me so long to make the Linden! I love all your Liberty versions and I'll definitely be making my own very soon :)

      Delete
  2. You know I do! These are great and genius rib solution. How gorgeous is that magnolia?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm totally enjoying the magnolias at the moment :)

      Delete
  3. I'm hopeless as sewing basics. I just can't get excited by making them for myself even though I get so excited seeing others do it. Loving your top and jeans! They look like such great staple items

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's because I wear so many basics (I'm really basic) so it's nice to know that I made them myself. I do feel a bit funny blogging about it though because I don't want to bore people. I'm glad you like reading about it :)

      Delete
  4. I really like how those darts look, and same for those super cool jeans pockets! I'm realizing I don't love making t-shirts or tanks, but jeans always sound like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theres really something about jeans making isn't there? I'm totally addicted. I will definitely try out the Morgan pattern BTW ;)

      Delete
  5. Love your sweatshirt fit and fabric and the fit of the jeans. I've made the ginger jeans but they are a tad tight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mags! I've made the Ginger Jeans too, but I'm starting to steer away from skinny jeans in general as I find the looser styles more comfortable!

      Delete
  6. I love your outfit ! I would like to make a jeans someday and yours is really beautiful. Speaking of basics, I made a Hemlock Tee today ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! The Hemlock is on my list!

      Delete
  7. What a lovely outfit! I really like wearing basics and I tend to like making them in the winter months (somehow I'm more interested in fun dresses during the summer!). The plaid knit you used is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm the same, I love making comfy basics to keep me warm during winter :)

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete