Monday, 21 December 2015

Ensis Tees

A belated blog post about a pattern that I really love.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. I've had three helpings of the Ensis Tee by Papercut Patterns and I've got room for more so it must be good!
"The Ensis Tee is a comfy colour block tee that can be made with sleeve and hem cuffs to make into a cute winter jersey or a slightly cropped sleeve and curved hemline perfect for the hotter months. The perfect tee to keep you covered for both summer and winter!"

I made the first two from mid-weight merino from The Fabric Store. Aaah merino!!! For these I made the curved hem and cuffed sleeves. The third tee I made from a cotton striped knit from Drapers Fabrics, which was infuriatingly and head scratchingly off grain!!! I did the curved hem on this one too and omitted sleeve cuffs (and obviously didn't colour block). All were size XXS

These were all done on my sewing machine because I don't have an overlocker yet #lifegoals but they turned out just fine. I get a real kick out of getting my money's worth from one pattern. How about you guys?

DEETS:

Pattern: Ensis Tee by Papercut Patterns
Size: xxs
Fabric: first two - merino from the fabric Store and the striped one is a cotton knit from Drapers Fabrics
Mods: none
My Measurements: 164, 87, 69, 92

18 comments:

  1. Oh how I love a fab basic, especially repeat makes - doesn't it technically make the follow,up garments free? Ha! They're great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know some people find it boring to make basics and repeats but I love it!!! These days I'm definitely thinking more about getting mileage out of the pattern rather than just one offs :)

      Delete
  2. I'm a serial pattern repeater... value for money, less fitting & the thrill of pushing a pattern to it's limits by sewing it in lots of different fabric types!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pattern that is worthy of serial repeating is gold! I love your Aeolians by the way :)

      Delete
  3. Loving these tees, I might just have to buy the pattern. I also love to use a pattern multiple times, but think it might be laziness on my part :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue! Some call it laziness, I call it the path of least resistance ;)

      Delete
  4. You're making me want to dip into the striped cotton knit I bought in Japan! I'm actually in the same process, making/altering one t-shirt pattern over and over. It's nice to get in the zone with a pattern that works well. Do you have any more variations planned?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of going up a couple of sizes, using the hem band variation and making a sweat shirt for winter. Good luck with your tees ;)

      Delete
  5. They all look super! I'm in love with the orange/marl one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry! That one is my favourite too :)

      Delete
  6. They all look fab. You've done a great job taming the striped one, it looks great. I have one t-shirt version of the Ensis tee that I wear to death - think I might need another soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. I wish I didn't love stripes so much because they are so annoying to sew with. Yep the Ensis pattern is a goody :)

      Delete
  7. I love your colour choice always! These tees look very stylish on you. It's definitely nice to have a staple pattern that is versatile for every season :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are such great winter basics! I love a repeat pattern. But that's new for me. I pretty much never sewed a repeat until maybe the last year. Perhaps because while the pieces I made I loved, I had yet to figure out exactly what I wanted to wear all the time. Now I have more of a feel for that I have tended to make more than 1 of everything. Even easier when it's basics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds exactly like me! I'm just getting the hang of this sewing/style thing. I've made quite a few things lately (whoops haven't blogged) which I'm really happy with because I'm getting a lot of wear out of them. Hopefully in the New Year I can start working on some fun things like shoes and togs!

      Delete
  9. I love these! They're so cute! I just made one for me and one for my sister right before Christmas, and I'm excited to whip up another when I get back to my sewing machine. It's a great way to use up odd knit remnants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The grey/black one came about by way of remnants. Mine have been stored away now but I hope you're getting a lot of wear out of yours!

      Delete