Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Carolyn Pajamas

Well it's officially winter here in New Zealand, but I'm not bothered because a) I like cold weather (for limited periods of time) and b) I have a pair of flanelette Carolyn Pajamas by Closet Case Files to ward off the winter chills!

I know it doesn't look that cold in these photos (because it's not) but trust me we've had some super chilly nights where I've been very thankful to have my snuggly new pyjamas. The fabric is from Spotlight which took me a ridiculously long time to choose.


I originally made the short sleeved shirt and shorts version for the Pajama Party but I didn't write a post about them because I was so ANNOYED with myself that I didn't pipe them. So my advice to anyone is take the extra time to pipe your pajamas - you wont regret it!
Another piece of advice is to trust the measurements. For my first pair I decided to size down based on my measurements but the shorts ended up too small. I just took the seams out though so it was an easy fix.

For the short version I used Donna Karan cotton print from The Fabric Store and substituted black lace trim for the cuffs.

I know, I know my lapels aren't lying flat and I did a terrible job of ironing. I really need an assistant! Anyway I absolutely love this pattern! This is the first time I've ever had decent pyjamas. I've got plans to make a few more pairs including a silk pair and I'm thinking pyjamas would be great Christmas presents.

Are you guys tempted to make your own pyjamas?

15 comments:

  1. I really like both of these, but in particular the yellow ones - they look so snuggly! I haven't really thought about making my own pyjamas before, but maybe I will now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Oh they are so snuggly I highly recommend this pattern!

      Delete
  2. These are both so pretty! I made these in the short sleeved shirt and pants combo. I really want to make a set with the long sleeved top, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Such a great pattern isn't it? Good luck with your long sleeved one :)

      Delete
  3. They look absolutely fabulous, both of them!! So gorgeous. But no, I'm not yet tempted to make my own. For ages I didn't sew "winter" clothes because they're so blimmin' fiddly (collars, cuff, lapels). I'm slowly coming around, but pj's are still a RTW affair for me. These are amazeballs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jillian. Totally agree with you about blimmin fiddly winter clothes. My summer handmade game is way better than my winter one!

      Delete
  4. These are ace, love the yellow flannies, so cheery in winter. But no, I'm not tempted which is a bit silly I guess as the cost per wear would be awesome. But (too much info) I don't wear pjs to bed and I'm more a lounge wear kind of gal otherwise.... I admire yours from afar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! Before I had these pyjamas I was more of a tshirt and undies to bed girl so I've stepped up in the world!

      Delete
  5. Amazing!! I really love the flannel ones - they look so snuggly! I've been meaning to make this pattern, and I love your idea of making pajamas for Christmas presents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sallie, they are very snuggly indeed. I can highly recommend this pattern!

      Delete
  6. Hearts for eyes, hearts for eyes.... When I saw these yellow babies in my feed I did a little happy dance. Hard to get the winter blues in these babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it weren't for this pattern I'd still be sleeping in old t-shirts and undies so THANKYOU!!!!

      Delete
  7. These are adorable! They look so cozy and nice! I'm almost done with a pair of Carolyns in a soft cotton lawn... just need to decide on buttons! I felt like it was silly to spend time sewing pajamas since they're just worn to bed, but now that I have them I'm excited to wear them. They're a huge improvement on the tattered old unisex pj bottoms and disgusting old t-shirts that I usually war to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It hurt a little bit to take time out of sewing normal clothes but it was sooooo worth it! I'm like you - my old pjs were abysmal. It feels so good to go to bed in my handmades!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Both fabrics are great but I'm falling more for the yellow one! And that's true - pyjamas are really a good xmas present, I tested it last year with my two sisters.

    ReplyDelete