Wednesday, 10 September 2014

Burda Pants with Hip Yoke

Lately I have been pushing boundaries as far as fabric choices go. Usually I am self-confessed fabric snob and turn my nose up at polyesters, preferring good quality cottons, silks and wool.

These pants are an exception to my status quo not only because they are polyester but also they are a rather garish print that I normally wouldn't go for.


I'm always on the lookout for a good pant pattern so when I spied these pants in a Burdastyle magazine I thought I would give them a try.

I have recently read in a style book that one should never wear pants with front pleats as they are not too flattering. I'm sure this could definitely be the case depending on the fabric used so I decided to use an ultra drapey fabric that wouldn't bulk out at the hips.


I do like my Burdastyle magazines but I have to say as a "visual person" I find only having written instructions can often leave my mind boggling. That said these pants are simple enough and with a bit of problem solving I knocked them together without a hitch, although I definitely need more practise at making yokes.

As far as fit goes I'm pretty happy although I think the bum is a bit saggy and the crotch is quite low. This could be because the fabric I chose is not of the highest quality and has stretched a bit or it could just be the style. I have to say that after despairing about the saggy arsed aspect of the pants I started noticing saggy arsed pants being worn by a multitude of women in the latest styles. So perhaps I'm right on trend.



They are super comfortable and I've already got a lot of wear out of them. I'm not totally in love but I'm happy enough.




















1 comment:

  1. Cool!
    SSB https://facebook.com/sassysewingbees

    ReplyDelete